Saturday, September 18, 2010

Friday September 17th 2010

WOW!! Did I ever have a scare this morning!!!  I will back up to last night.  I worked (played) on the computer for about 2 hours while Linda was watching her shows on TV.  Computer worked great  Now to this morning.  I opened up the computer and no lights. No nothing.  I tried the on/off switch and nothing!  I plugged it in again (had it plugged in last night) and nothing.  Now I’m getting scared.  I have about two thousand pictures that aren’t backed up.  I’ve been procrastinating. I finally tried the outlet in the bathroom and “voila” it came on. I let it charge until we were ready to leave but it didn’t get fully charged.  The outlet I had been using must have been a bad one.  What a relief!!

We are in Van Horn TX and it is very cool and kind of rainy this morning.  Thought I would take a picture of the mountains with the clouds, hope they turned out ok.

100_1246

I thought this looked kind of interesting. I think the temperature was about 65 degrees and pretty windy.  The wind is in the right direction anyway, will give us a little push.  We stopped at the little Mexican restaurant again this morning for some breakfast burritos.  They were pretty good.  The breakfast at the motel left a little to be desired.

We drove for about three hours in the rain and then about the time we got to El Paso it cleared up and was sunny the rest of the day. It also got very warm.  We stopped at a rest area so I could walk around, got a picture of a grass hopper.

100_1249

Texas grass hopper.  It was pretty good sized and had some different colors to it, not vivid, but it has a very nice pattern to it.  I thought it was interesting.

Now this is interesting….

100_1250

We didn’t see any and was really thankful for that.

We made it to Benson AZ about 2:30PM, give or take.  We really made good time.  Had a hard time finding the motel but after stopping (on my own) we asked directions and drove right to it.  Very nice motel and the room is large with a sitting area, two TVs, micro wave and a refrigerator.  We will stay three days and so far this is the nicest and cheapest place. Made reservations online, got a discount I guess.

We called David and Marian and they were still in Safford, gave us time to get cleaned up and rest a little before they got here.100_0499

This is an old picture of David and Marian.  I didn’t take one today, maybe tomorrow.  I think this is the picture where we made baking powder biscuits and sausage gravy.  I think it was the first time Marian had baking powder biscuits.

We went out to eat at the 86 Restaurant.   The food was OK and the price was even better.  After eating we took a little tour of the campground where David works. If I have it right it is the Saguaro Co-op. it is an SKP park and for the middle of September it was quite full.  He says all the campgrounds around here fill up in January. I will probably take pictures later.  It was getting kind of dark.  While driving around we saw a coyote, didn’t get a picture, it was way to dark and he was way to fast.

 

Had to stop at the $100 store for a few things.  We will probably have a cook out tomorrow or Sunday. We went back to the motel and rested up before going to bed, well, we watched some TV….Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment