Monday, September 6, 2010

Sunday September 5th 2010

Good morning!!!  What a beautiful day! This is Labor Day and our Family Reunion.  I am looking forward to that.  I didn’t get Linda up very early and I should have.  We were late getting to church, well, not to late, they were already singing I think. Mike, our friend sang a special at church.  He is a good singer. I have to give it to anyone who can sing to canned music.  I don’t understand canned music.

100_1138

Mike did an excellent job on the song he sang.

100_1136

Had a pretty decent crowd for the first service, especially this being the last “hoorah” holiday of the summer.

We got to the reunion in plenty of time.  We drove right to it even though we have never been there before.  The turnout for the reunion was very light. Not real sure why but there were very few young people there. Guess everyone was busy.

100_1141

These are my brothers that I have in order of age.  Fred, Ed and me. I will have to put in a picture of my sister, she left early.

100_1873

This is Sr Margaret Anne.  Our oldest sister died last year just a few months after our Dad died.  Betty Gay, to me, lives in Rockford and has been there for eleven years.  Our youngest brother Dennis wasn’t here this year, must have had other things going on.

100_1144

This is a picture of cousins. From left to right is Bill Floto, Loren Floto and John Floto.  We really have a good time when we get to these reunions but I sure wish the younger generation would take the initiative to organize the reunions.  I’m sure when they do there will be a split. The younger ones don’t know each other and the ones from up north will have theirs and the ones from the south will have theirs. The distance is only about 150 miles but there isn’t any communication between the two younger generations that I know of.

100_1145  This is interesting, I didn’t line them up in order of age but they did, well, kind of.  From Left to right is Joan, Fred’s wife, Ruth, Bill’s wife, Larena, Ed’s wife and Linda, my wife.  We should have done this much earlier when everyone was still there.  Ed had charge of this reunion and it is getting harder to get someone to take charge of next years reunion. Loren may have it in Rockton, IL next year.  He has to check with his wife first.  Hope we can get off from our job, if we are working, to go to it.

Went to church tonight.  I was really tired so I didn’t stick around to talk to anyone.  Needed to get back to the motel and rest up for tomorrow. Not going to do anything tomorrow.  We would head back to Sikeston but don’t really want to be on the road, may be kind of busy, don’t need that.

Well, have emails to write so will sign off for now…Bye Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment