Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tuesday September 28th 2010

Tuesday and it is a beautiful morning, not real cool but still very nice.  We had the window open all night and the fan on and it finally cooled off enough to sleep.  I think the really hot weather is over now.

I have to make a correction.  I said one of the trees in the back yard was a persimmon tree but actually it is a pomegranate tree..

 

100_1344

Brenna told me after reading the blog that it was a pomegranate tree, or bush or what ever it is, I think it is a tree though.

Linda and I stayed home today, didn’t go out for anything.  We thought about it but didn’t go anywhere.  I’ve been trying to find an extra battery for my camcorder but am not having a lot of luck.  One will have to do I guess.

It is still warm today but not nearly as warm as it has been.  The humidity is pretty bad right now so it still feels like it is pretty hot.  We didn’t want to cook anything.  Thought we would have sandwiches again but Brenna wanted to try some Tofu!

100_1345

This may not look real good but it didn’t taste to bad.  It is marinating in a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil and something else.  I didn’t know it but sesame oil really smells good!  This was baked in the convection oven for about 20 minutes.  Tasted good but the consistency of Tofu is kind of like Flan.  I told the kids it was fried Jell-O! They still didn’t like it, but there weren’t any leftovers!  We also made Panini sandwiches and had some left over potato salad.  Pretty good.

I need to mention Linda’s glucose level, it has been excellent.  The last two days in has been in the 90s but fluctuates between 100 and 116.  I think that is pretty good.  She does a pretty good job of watching what she eats.

Our favorite shows are on tonight, NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, and the Good Wife.  Sometimes they put snippets of things in that really aren’t needed. The shows are good without the trash.

Well, guess that is about all for today.  Not real exciting but not to bad. See y’all tomorrow…..

1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on my blog reading tonight. We're in Tulsa and back in the Q. PTL!
    Great to hear that Linda is doing great with her blood sugar.

    ReplyDelete