Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tuesday August 30th 2010

Nice to be home (for a little while) and sleep in our own bed again.  We have lots of things to do today and I think most will go well.

This morning after I did my reading and computing etc, I went out and looked around and I have branches that need cutting. Some branches are rubbing on our new metal roof and I don’t think that is good.  I got out my cutter, whatever it is called, and cut branches for about a half hour.  Got to burn some of the branches in the burn pile!  I also got out the roundup and sprayed some grass than can’t be mowed.  I finally woke Linda and asked if she want to go to New Madrid to get our tax receipt (needed for license tags).  She said no so I went down by myself, OK, This is where things started going wrong. I had to pay $1.00 for the receipt and I decided to go across the hall to the license place and get my plates and new drivers license.  Not fun.  They said I can’t get a new drivers license without my birth certificate!  Why????  People stealing others identities.  OK. Well I have to go back home (25 miles) and get my birth certificate.  We decide to go into Sikeston (6 miles) and get the license stuff.  Wrong!  Now I need proof that I also paid my 2008 taxes. Missouri is the hardest state I know of to give money to.  We are going back to Illinois tomorrow (I think) and I am going to check into getting my license and tags in Illinois.  I’ve had trouble here since the first and I have about had it. Computers!!! Everyone has a computer, all the agencies have computers, why can’t they ask another agency if the taxes have been paid??? No!  Missouri is the “Show Me” state.  Got to see it.

OK that pretty much ruined my day.  I took a couple pictures of some farmers harvesting corn….

100_1094

100_1096

The young fellow running the combine stopped and came over to talk to me. He asked where I lived and I told him down the road but I was from Northern Illinois and I was raised on a farm but our corn pickers were two row jobs and this one is twelve!!! It is humongous!  He told me to stick around for a few minutes and they would be putting the corn in a wagon on the fly.  Think I will wait….

100_1100

Wonder if the above equipment cost over a quarter million dollars?  I am just amazed at what farmers have to work with nowadays.

Had to get a picture of our mimosa tree again.  It is dying and I will probably have to cut it down.  Not sure I will have time before we leave though.

100_1093

It sure looks sickly but the bottom suckers are growing like crazy!

100_1101

I finally washed off the camper, at least got some of the dust off.  It is hot out and this is later in the evening and we are in the shade now.  Looks better but the inside needs cleaning now.  I don’t have the light on the pole in the picture but the bulb burnt out.  Supposed to be a really energy efficient light.  Well it may be energy efficient but the bulbs are expensive and will probably cost more than the whole light.  I put a little bulb in it, a 25 watt I think and it does a pretty good job, well, my camper is in the way so it shows up on the camper good.

Well, I’m going to try to post this now.  Hope you all have a great day…Bye y’all…..

1 comment:

  1. I like the pictures of the corn harvest.

    So sorry you had such a tough time with taxes and licenses. That stinks.

    ReplyDelete