Monday, September 20, 2010

Sunday September 19th 2010

We are going to go to church today, we will pick up Marian first.  We found the church yesterday so we wouldn’t have to look for it this morning.  I can’t remember the name of the church but it is an Independent Baptist Church.  I liked it and Linda liked it, Marian thought it was OK.

100_1272

They had just moved into this church this year.  This looks like the sanctuary but they didn’t have the service there. I can’t remember the preachers name but everyone was really friendly…

100_1271

This is the inside of the sanctuary which may be the temporary one, but I didn’t ask.  The service was quite good.

We went to Bisbee AZ this afternoon which was twenty two miles past the city where the OK Coral is, now why didn’t I just say the name of the city? Well, right now I can’t remember it…Tombstone!!!!  I’m just a little slow right now.  Bisbee is an old city and it was a copper mining town.  I had to take a picture of the “pit”.  This to me was the high point of our ride this afternoon. Have a couple pictures…

100_1273

Doesn’t look very big but each one of those layers you can drive a big truck on and I couldn’t figure out if the roads were wide enough for them to pass or not. The bottom of the pit had a pond and I think it was sulfuric acid.  It had an acid smell around there.

100_1274

100_1276

100_1277

Bisbee is a quaint little  city. Reminds us of Galena IL or Eureka Springs Arkansas.  Got a couple pictures out of the window and then the batteries went dead on the camera..

100_1278

100_1279

We had lunch in a restaurant in what I would call a little mall.  I had a Gyros and Linda had a Panini and this wasn’t the highlight of the day. I was hungry for a Gyros but this didn’t taste anything like a Gyros.  Pita bread and some kind of meat and sauce.  I should have gotten a hamburger. David got one and it looked great.

We headed back to Benson and dropped off David and Marian so they could head back to Safford.  We went home and crashed.  I think the day kind of wore us out.  Tomorrow will be a big day traveling on to San Diego, the last leg of the trip out.  The news was reporting some road construction delays in Tucson so we may have a little problem there, sure hope not…..Catch y’all tomorrow……

No comments:

Post a Comment