Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Tuesday September 14th 2010

Tuesday already, time to put the camper in the shop and head out West!  We had a lot to do this morning to get the car loaded and the camper ready to put in the shop.  I figured we would be really lucky to get on the road by 11AM.  Rick came over and picked  up the tow dolly and took it home (to his house).  We finished getting the car loaded and took it to the office at the campground and I went back and picked up the camper.  We always have a few things we forget but we got over to Paw Paw’s about 10AM and I thought that was really good.  I waited for about 20 minutes to get to talk to a service manager and he went out and I showed him all the things that I thought needed attention.  He figured it would be at least 2 weeks before they even got started on it which I figured would probably be a little early but you never know.  After  the walk through I got a picture of Linda waiting patiently outside the shop….

100_1223

I think the service managers name was Dave and he gave us a ride back over to Sun Roamers RV Park to pick up our car.  He was very nice.  We got on the road at 11AM!!!!   I was very surprised. Oh, the price of gas here in Picayune went up twenty cents a gallon in two days.  I don’t understand why.  Anyway, we got on the road and had a pretty nice trip, we stopped at Atchafalaya Basin in Louisiana. I’m glad there is spell check here, I can’t even pronounce that word let alone spell it. 

100_1224  100_1225

100_1226

These are all at the visitor center.  I think it would probably be nice to take a guided tour of the swamp.  Looks kind of dangerous with all the snakes and alligators!  I can’t read the bottom of the middle picture. Looks like Atchafalaya.  Got me, my spell checker says this is wrong. Dummy, it need a capital “A”.

We were going to stop in Beaumont TX for the night but was crazy around there and we traveled on to Winnie TX.  We are staying in a Days Inn and Suites.  It is a nice room but the air conditioner wasn’t on and it was pretty warm in here. The temp was around 97 most of the afternoon but the air in the car worked very well. Now that is a cool “girlie” car!

We had stopped at a McDonald’s along the way and got some sandwiches (burgers) and for some reason they didn’t settle well with me.  I wasn’t hungry the rest of the day.  Had a few M&Ms with pretzels in them, had to try them, but wasn’t hungry the rest of the night.

Better sign off now, got 800 miles or more to get to the other side of Texas. Big state.  Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment