Sunday, September 26, 2010

Saturday September 25th 2010

Saturday morning and we have no plans for today. The sun is shining again and I think it is supposed to get pretty warm. I got up early and the kids and Bren were already up and watching a video about horses.  The kids like the video but lost interest about half way through. The kids wanted bagels for breakfast.  That was easy! Darin had plans to go to the beach for a clean up day with the kids.  The kids love the beach.

I think it was about 10:30 when Kim called and asked if we waned to drive up to Santa Barbara to see Jacob.  We have no plans so that sounds like a good idea.  Bren and Darin got home before we left so we let them know what we were going to be doing.

Went over to Kim’s house, traffic was terrible, about noon and she was ready so we loaded up her car and took off.  It is a four or five hour drive, so I’m glad she was driving.  I did get a nap on the way up. Oh, the reason we are going to see Jacob is he is having a showing of his PSA which I think stands for Public Service Announcement.  “Save the Sea Otters”. The clip, or PSA, was very good and very well done.  There weren’t a lot of people there especially for the movie, “The Eleventh Hour” which was TMI and probably not correct.  “Green People” would love it! Back to the the rest of the story, no, I think I will put a couple pictures in here….

100_1323

This is the Santa Barbara Channel around El Capitan.  Beautiful scenery.

100_1324

This is our oldest daughter Kimberly and I won’t name others in the picture.

100_1326

This is Jacob and the girl, I can’t remember her name, was his study partner his Freshman year.

100_1332

Jacob’s PSA was on the beach. Doesn’t look like to bad of a crowd does it?  Most of them left after his PSA and before the movie.  Don’t blame them.  I about froze out there.  The wind was not blowing hard but right off the ocean it was really chilly.

100_1334

This is Jacob and Allie.  She seems like a very nice girl and they seem to get along quite well, that’s all I know!!  I didn’t ask questions because I’m sure they wouldn’t answer and I’m sure they would think I really didn’t need to know.  I believe Allie is a Senior this year, “Go Allie!!” 

The picture of Jacob and Allie was taken in Chili’s, where we went to get a little something to eat and get warmed up.  Can you believe it, 55 degrees and I’m freezing!!!  Supposed to get up around 90 tomorrow so I will get warmed up then.

We rented a room at the Super 8.  I don’t think I have ever seen a room this small before!  Well, the bedroom in our camper is smaller, but that doesn’t count.  We got settled in about 11:30PM and decided it was time to get some sleep.  We have plans to meet Jacob in the morning I guess, I’m not sure about the plans I just follow along and smile.  See y’all tomorrow, sleep good……

No comments:

Post a Comment