Friday, September 14, 2012

Thursday September 13th 2012

OK, I let the blog go for a few days and I have been trying to get back into the groove and get caught up.

We finished loading the camper this morning and I had a few things to get done before taking off.  I put some Rid-X down the toilet for the septic tank.  We haven’t had any problem with it so hopefully it is doing some good.

I had to spray some vegetation killer on the driveway to kill the grass.  Hopefully it will work.  I didn’t want Sparky walking through the places I sprayed so I put him in the camper and now we wait for Linda.  We always forget something so she is checking to make sure she has everything we will need.  We finally got on the road about 8:30AM I guess.  I had to stop down the road to check the straps and they seemed to do quite well. 

We stopped in St Louis to fill up with gas.  Very expensive!  I know before we left I filled up and the mileage was only 4.9 MPG!!!  That definitely isn’t good.  This fill up was a little better, we averaged a little over 8MPG.  Still not good but better.

We finally made it to Rock Falls around 4:30PM and it was raining, not what I wanted but it isn’t raining hard, just enough to get wet.  I was trying to hook up everything and Linda said we have a problem.  There is a vent in the bathroom that was gone, second time this vent blew off.  Seems to be a problem there.  We are at Leisure Lake Campground and I borrowed a ladder and went to Wal Mart and got some Duct Tape which is what I used the last time.  It will last and keep the rain out until we get home and get another vent lid.  I am going to have to get a vent cover to keep it from blowing off I guess.

Got a picture of the camper…

100_4163

Doesn’t look bad here but it is still sprinkling and the grass is really wet and all the hook ups are on the wrong side of the camper!  We will make it work.

We took it easy tonight, I am tired, been a long day..Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment