Sunday, September 2, 2012

Saturday September 1st 2012

This is the first day of the month and I will work this afternoon.  It is cloudy and it did rain a little last night, not much but the grass is wet.

I think it is going to get pretty warm today, it is mostly cloudy though and maybe we will get a little more rain.  We sure need it.

Today is going to be a slow day at work I can tell.  No reservations and it is kind of stormy, not raining but the wind is blowing hard.  Not a real good day for traveling with a camper.  I got all the chores done and decided to try my tablet again, games, which is kind of fun.  I have a game called bubble buster and I played it most of the afternoon, when I didn’t have people coming in the office.  It is the first of the month so we have people coming in and paying their rent.  The game kind of gets to you and it is still kind of fun.

About 5PM the wind came up the tornado sirens started going off as did the weather radio which has an obnoxious warning tone.  The wind really came up and finally it started raining, hard!  It was mostly waves but when it rained it really rained hard.  I bet our grass greens up now!

I got out of the office just a little after 7PM and headed home, in the rain, which was really coming down.  At home it was still raining but since I park in the garage I was dry getting out of the car but not when I  got to the house.

We got our battery powered lantern out and had it ready. The lights dimmed and kind of went out a couple of times.  We must have gotten at least an inch of rain and it is still sprinkling.  Maybe we will get a soaker!

We finally went to bed around 11PM.  The storm seems to have passed but when I took Sparky out the last time it was still drizzling so we are getting a pretty good rain.  Well, time to say Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment