Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday March 9th 2011

Cool this morning!!!  The cold front made it here and it is cool!  Sparky and I walked around the park quite a few times hoping he would wear down just a little maybe.  We don’t figure we will drive to far today but would like to get within two hundred miles of home before we stop.

We had a pretty good trip and the wind after getting on Interstate thirty was pretty good.  We drove past the place we had stopped before and I didn’t realize it.  We stopped at another place that was in back of a motel.  Looked like maybe it had been flooded.  I stopped at the office and asked if they had any “dry” sites meaning ones that weren’t flooded.  He directed me to the end of the campground and said they might be dry.  They weren’t to bad but thought I would check the electricity before hooking up.  Voltage was only 86…. way low!  We decided to drive on. 

We are having a few problems.  The vent over the stool blew off.  I knew it was about to go but thought it would hold off until we stopped.  It didn’t.  I got up on top in a rest area and put duct tape over it and it seems to hold.  I know if it rains it will leak though.

Driving on, we encountered more problems in I-55.  Brake light is coming on, couldn’t figure out what it was because it just blinked once in awhile.  Finally it came on and stayed on.  Linda read the owners manual and it said to get it checked right away.  Stopped at a gas station and the carbon monoxide detector started going off.  Kind of makes me think of a pilot when things start going wrong all at once.  Sully landed the plane in the river in New York and he seemed quite calm about the matter. I wondered if this thing would catch on fire and burn to the ground???  Well, we stopped at a camp ground in Blytheville  AR for the night.  It is dark and I hate driving in the dark and hate setting up in the dark.  We did it though.  The campground is Shearin RV Park…

100_2453

I would like to have made it home tonight, we are only about 75 miles away.  Don’t like driving in the dark and don’t like having problems with the camper especially at night.

We are going to watch a little TV and pray that our camper will be all healed up in the morning.  Don’t laugh, it could happen….Night Y’all…

1 comment: