Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Tuesday March 8th 2011

Well, it is still warm out and the wind is blowing from the Southeast at a pretty good clip!  It is sprinkling and we are supposed to get some storms. I asked at the desk yesterday if they were Passport America. They think they are but not sure how it works.  I went in again this morning and they had a discussion for about five minutes and finally came back and said I could stay another night for half price if I wanted to.  We don’t have the new PA book so I’m not sure if they are in it or if they are they don’t like to let people use it.  Claiming ignorance works!! 

We decided to travel on anyway. I figure the camper may get the top cleaned off (lots of dust) and get the camper cleaned in the mean time…wrong, we went through a lot of rain and the camper and the car both look like mud balls.  Nothing a little soap and water won’t fix.

We used the GPS and it is taking us in places we have never gone before! Looking at the map I guess it isn’t really out of the way but we ended up in Shreveport LA.  I got the computer out and checked MapQuest and it doesn’t really tell me much either.  I think we will go with the GPS and see some new country.

The campground we stopped at is Southern Living RV Park.  Nice park built on the side of a hill and there is no way I can get the camper anywhere close to level..

100_2446

100_2452

The roads are paved in here which is a good thing because of the rains they have here.  The rest rooms were really great but looked like they had just been mopped.  I wonder if the floors ever dry out????  The red light in the picture above is a truck that you can just barely see the tail light.  It is really strange in the camper because you almost fall towards the front it is so low in the front, I am trying to say unlevel but spell check doesn’t like that word!  Maybe I should say it is so “not level”!!

Anyway, we are set in for the night.  Linda got to watch the Bachelor tonight on the computer, which by the way, works pretty good.  I may even get to post this!!

We had some of the left over sirloin steak and a baked sweet potato for supper.  Not to bad, Linda thinks the steak is way to tough, Sparky doesn’t Smile..

Time for bed, Probably won’t make it all the way home tomorrow but would like to be within two hundred miles so Thursday will be an early day to stop and unload the camper….Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment