Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sunday March 13th 2011

Well, this morning is sure different than yesterday.  It is very cool, windy and cloudy out.  I think the temperature must be in the low 40s, very chilly out!!

I decided to try Miner Baptist Church again this morning.  Services start at 8:30AM so I decided to try that one.  I got there about 8:15AM and there was no one there.  Well, the time did change this  morning but no one???  The Praise Group was just coming in to practice so I listened to them and then decided to go into the Narthex  to see if they had a bulletin out.  The did so I checked the service times.  Early service is 9AM and there is another at 11AM.  There is a list of about twelve things for Sunday and those were the only two I understood.  When I went there last Fall they were going to have a Miner Switch after the first of the year.  I’m not sure what  that was and I didn’t ask guess I should have.  On the list of things going on on Sunday, there wasn’t any Sunday School that I recognized and no Sunday evening service only a deacon ordination.

Linda fixed taco salad for dinner, delicious.   I know we have corn chips but I can’t find them so I had to do without.  They are probably still in the camper.

This evening I decided to go to Friendship Baptist Church in Sikeston. I have gone here before and I know a couple of people there. The service was pretty good, Revelation Chapter 14.  I think Revelations is a really interesting book.  I think I will start going there to see how the rest of the services are.  One thing I really like about this church is they don’t have praise songs, I like praise songs, but I would rather sing the “old hymns”. Some of the praise songs have a great message but the music and rhythm is not easy to follow.

We watched some TV tonight, I like the  “Undercover Boss” it is very interesting to see how the “boss” does on the job and then what he has to say to them after the week in his office.  Like that part.

Well, that’s about it for today. Nice relaxing day…Night Y’all..

Oh, it’s raining outside and Sparky doesn’t like the rain!!!  To BadOpen-mouthed smile

No comments:

Post a Comment