Sunday, March 6, 2011

Saturday March 5th 2011

Another beautiful day.  Sparky and I were up early, Sparky’s choice, and we went walking.  I didn’t even have to wear a sweater this morning.  There was supposed to be a cold front come through but our air ran most of the night and was still warm and humid this morning. After our walk we came back inside for awhile and by the time I went back out with Sparky it was much cooler.

Not a lot going on this morning, we are going to Don and LaVon’s for lunch about noon.  We decided to take Sparky since it was rainy and cloudy, didn’t figure it would get to warm in the car.  He didn’t appreciate having to stay in the car even though I let him out a couple of times.

Don’s little lunch…

100_2418

Steak, beef sausage (from Fredericksburg) green beans, baked sweet potato and salad which I didn’t get in the picture.  The sausage was probably the best I have ever had, excellent, the whole thing was excellent. Don did a lot of slaving over this meal…  Forgot to mention he made a shrimp cocktail that was excellent…

100_2421

Actually Don is making desert in this picture, mixed fresh fruit on lemon pound cake with yogurt, excellent.  Can’t remember what LaVon was doing here but she got her camera out to take a picture when she saw me taking one and she forgot to take a picture…Open-mouthed smile….We sure had a good time… Good food also….Oh, we played three games of Zilch, everyone won a game except me (I wasn’t keeping score!).

Don told us about a café where they had gotten tamales…Delia’s, we had to stop and pick up a dozen.  We ate some when we got home and then gave the rest to Dale and Velda.  We will remember this restaurant when we come back (next year?).  They were the best I have ever had and I haven’t had to many!!

The rest of the night is going to be lazy, I sat outside with Sparky and he played and then sat in my lap, then played, then sat in my lap etc…

We tried to see the Space Station but no luck tonight.  It got quite chilly out and really didn’t want to stay out to long so we went to bed early, Sparky did very well, didn’t complain….Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment