Thursday, December 8, 2011

Wednesday December 7th 2011

Pearl Harbor Day!  There wasn’t a lot on TV about it being Pearl Harbor Day and I even forgot it until I looked at the date.  Seventy years is a long time, I wasn’t around at that time. Just hearing all the horror stories of the war it had to have been a nightmare.  Any war is bad and sad, I think I said this before, but a “few” are greedy for power or fame or whatever motivates them but the general population of the world are peace loving people (I think).  We have had a lot of problems in our own country, the “Civil War” for one and I sure don’t understand why people hate people that have actually done nothing to hurt us.  God created us “equal”.  The color of our skin shouldn’t make one hate another.  Oh well, God told Israel to cleanse the Promised Land when they went in and God knew what he was doing, I sure don’t understand all of it!  Deep subject for sure!

I think we have decided to leave tomorrow to head back to Sikeston, it is a couple of days early but this will give us time to pick up Sparky and get the camper packed and we can leave on Friday and be in Picayune on Saturday.  Aunt Virgie’s home is having a Christmas Party and we would like to be there to see her and participate in the festivities.  Sarah will graduate from college that week also so we will be there for that!  We will head for Texas after that.  Plans, that’s all they are, plans.  Always can be changed.

I made some cookies, ginger bread cookies!  They are good and they aren’t from scratch.  They are from a mix, Betty Crocker.   They turned out very good and Linda frosted them….just what we needed…

112_3318

Doesn’t she look happy?  She also made some sausage and egg burritos this morning.  She made enough that we will have left overs for tomorrow!

I went for a walk this afternoon, looks beautiful outside!  It is beautiful outside except for the temperature and the wind.  It is freezing outside, well, not quite but it isn’t much above freezing.  I didn’t walk very far.

I went to church at Friendly Baptist Church where I went last summer.  Some of the people remembered me, I was surprised. He had a good message about the end times, watch out for scoffers and always be prepared because He will come like a thief in the night…BE PREPARED!

Linda fixed pork burgers tonight!  Very good.  Didn’t take a picture of them though, I was to busy eating I guess.

I called James and Janice to see if we could meet at church tonight and go out for pizza after but there was no answer so they may have gone back home for awhile.

Watched some TV tonight.  Washed a few loads of cloths. I think we are ready to leave and get on with the next trip!  Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment