Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday December 9th 2011

I wonder why I make so many mistakes with the dates???  I see yesterday I posted Friday December 8th 2011!  Guess I will have to change that tonight.

I got up early this morning, guess I am anxious to get started.  I loaded things I had packed and then got Linda up at 8AM.  She started getting stuff together she wanted to take.  I know we are taking way to much stuff but guess we will be able to use it sometime.

We got on the road at 11:20AM and stopped for gas at Kewanee.  It was still $3 a gallon, about ten cents cheaper than Sikeston.  We aren’t in any real hurry and we just chugged on down the road. Stopped in West Memphis for gas and it was cheaper than Sikeston, not much but a little.

We thought about stopping in Memphis, well, not Memphis, but Coldwater at a campground called Memphis South. It would have been to early to stop so we decided to travel on to Frog Hollow in Granada MS.  Figured it would still be light when we arrived and I was right, it was about 4PM and I would have enough time to hook up but it is going to freeze again tonight so we aren’t going to hook up to water.  We can make do, we are camping right?

We had some of Linda’s left over meat loaf, I had a sandwich and Linda didn’t!  She ate hers without the bread, she did use a fork though and I didn’t, well not for the sandwich anyway.  She bought some sauerkraut relish from the camp office.  He loves it, and I think it is OK.

We are going to take it easy tonight.  Sparky has been scared all the time we have been gone but has settled down now and is sleeping on the floor. I just took this picture…

112_3321

I think he may sleep well tonight.  Hope he doesn’t mind traveling again tomorrow!

Time to say night y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment