Saturday, December 24, 2011

Friday December 23rd 2011

Not a nice day today, it is rainy, cold and windy.  One thing about it though is South Texas needs the rain so I won’t complain.  Would be nice if it was kind of warm though.

I’m trying to figure out how to change all the lights in the camper over to LED lights.  I’m sure it is going to be expensive but I don’t even know where to look or what to look for.  I stopped at an auto parts store and asked them and they had a few LED lights but not what I was looking for.  Stopped at Camping World and checked them out.  They had them!   I need twelve really small ones and they are only $38 apiece!!  I need seventeen of the larger ones and they are only $28 apiece!!!  That is a chunk of change….$932, needless to say I didn’t even buy one.

We did some more running, stopped at Wal Mart for bread and milk and back home.  We took Sparky with us and he wasn’t a happy camper staying in the car by himself.  Guess we will either have to leave him in the camper or let him get used to the car.  He barks a lot though and if you have a headache it isn’t fun, well, it isn’t fun anyway, his barking will give you a headache!

When we got home I got the computer out and started checking online for LED lights and found some!  I ordered four of the larger ones just to see if they would work.  They are coming from Hong Kong and won’t be here for a month but we have gotten along for a few years, guess another month won’t hurt! Oh, I got the four for under $8 and that was with free shipping. The little ones I found for under $5 apiece but didn’t order any of them.  I would have to order ten, which is a minimum order and don’t want to spend that kind of money right now, even though it is under $50, most of the lights run on a rheostat  and I’m not sure that would work, guess I won’t know until I try!

Anyway, we aren’t doing anything the rest of the day, just staying in and trying to keep warm.  Talk to you tomorrow…..Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment