Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tuesday December 20th 2011

Well, I finally downloaded the pictures of the campground at Beaumont Texas!! 

112_3387

They really keep the park in good shape.  The different colored cement,well, grey shades, looks like they have replaced a lot of the roads. I’m wondering if the summer heat made a lot of it buckle?  Anyway, we really enjoyed the stay here.  We had to run the air conditioner, it was pretty warm.  This morning it is cloudy and looks like it may have rained a little.  There is also thunder and lightning so I think we may get a little more rain…Yes, I was right, it started pouring like crazy while I was at the office.  Glad I got Sparky out before the rain.

We got on the road just a little after 9AM and thought we would make it to Victoria or somewhere around there. The day went fine, we went through a lot of rain until we got to Houston then it quit and it was dry the rest of the way, by the rest of the way I mean all the way to the Valley.  We were going to stop for the night but the campground signs were at the turn offs and at sixty miles per hour it is hard to slow down and make the turn so we traveled on and according to Tom Tom we should get there before 7PM and it was right!  We made it about 6:30PM!  I didn’t get a picture but Velda was sitting in our space in a lawn chair! (in the dark) She wanted to see our IDs before she would let us park there.  She is kind of CRAZY for sure!!

Dale helped me get the car off the dolly and get the camper parked.  I think we are parked better than last year!  I don’t have to use the step this year!

I had to call Sprint last night because I have been charged with international texts!  I don’t know anyone outside the US! The guy at Sprint blocked the number and he gave me the area code which was 308 so the first number I checked was Velda’s.  Their area code is 308 so I had to call Sprint back to check and see why when I send a text  locally I get charged with an international text??  The second guy made it sound feasible.  The international phone code for Greece is 30 the US is 00 so he said there is a glitch in the system and when I text 308 for some reason I get billed for sending the text to Greece!!!  Technology!

We were tired and decided to go to bed early, well, it isn’t early for me but I was tired….night Y’all..

No comments:

Post a Comment