Sunday, December 11, 2011

Saturday December 10th 2011

Well let me tell you that last night we stayed in Frog Hollow and I about froze!!  I got my feet cold and I don’t think I got warmed up until about 2AM! The rest of me was warm but I just couldn’t get my feet warmed up and they weren’t sticking out from under the covers. 

It was really frosty this morning and while walking around the damp air seemed to go right through me.  This is miserable weather and it is really not very cold, I think it is around 27 degrees but this is the bone chilling cold.  I would rather it be 0 degrees with sun and no wind and low humidity. That kind of cold isn’t to bad.

Well, it took awhile to get Linda up and around.  She didn’t want to get out of bed, well, I can’t blame her, it isn’t real warm in here even though the furnace had run off and on all night with the small electric heater running all night continuously!  We finally got on the road about 9:30AM and it was not a real nice day for driving, no rain and very little wind but gloomy.

The day cleared off about an hour after we left Granada MS and was sunny the rest of the day.  It also warmed up.  We stopped in Jackson MS for gas and it was $2.98 a gallon.  Cheapest so far!  The rest of the trip was really quite uneventful, which was nice, really don’t like to have surprise events while driving the camper and pulling the car.

When we got to Picayune and took the off ramp to the RV Park, the gas at the Race Track gas station was $2.95 a gallon and that was the right price to stop and fill up!  I haven’t figured out how much it cost to get down here but will do it later, guessing though, I would estimate around $150. That was for about 480 miles, give or take.  We averaged a little over eight miles per gallon  I would have been happy with 18 or 28 or even 38 but, don’t think I will ever get to that or any of them.

We pulled into the park and Mitchell was waiting for us.  He helped me unhook the car and get backed into the slot.  This park doesn’t have a name!  How did we happen to find it??? Well, last time we were down here we pulled in but didn’t get the phone number so we called Rick and he got it for us so we called and made a reservation.  It is $100 per week which is $60 less than the place we stayed last year at Sun Roamers.  I think this place has wifi but I will use my telephone.  Other than not having rest rooms it has everything else.  Got a picture I just downloaded…

112_3322

May not be the greatest park in the world but there are only four spaces and they are really big!  I think we will like it here

We took a ride over to Rick and Connie’s and Connie had made chili and that hit the spot.  It isn’t real cold out but cool enough. Linda went with Connie to see Anna Grace in a Christmas musical.  Linda said it was really good.  I stayed with Rick and his mother in law Johnnie Merle.  Rick and I talked almost all the time they were gone.  Guy stuff, lawn mowers, gardens etc…

Had a really nice night but we were both pretty tired and figured it was time to go home about 10PM to try to get some sleep.  Church tomorrow!

Sparky did really good at their house, took awhile for him to settle down but after awhile he got to be a lap dog on any ones lap except Johnnie Merle, she doesn’t want him on her lap.

OK, time to say night y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment