Friday, September 16, 2011

Thursday September 15th 2011

Today is sunny, windy and very cool.  The wind is out of the North at a pretty good clip. I had to put on a hooded sweat shirt to keep warm.  When I got to work, (went in early) I tried to call about my new phone again. Same thing, turn it off, turn it on, try to make a phone call etc.etc.etc.  Still doesn’t work.  I bought a new monthly plan and it still doesn’t work.  It was set for today and when I got home it was on the computer and on my charge card but not on the phone, it still doesn’t work!  I did stop at Wal Mart and the girl there had a good explanation, well, I thought it was good, the last phone service for my phone number doesn’t expire until the 19th and the time didn’t transfer, even though I bought a new plan it still won’t work.  I finally put another month on my old phone so we have a phone now.

Back to work, I get to clean the drive ways.  They worked on the road and used a lot of “pea” gravel and oil or something but the drive ways are full of gravel and Mark likes a clean driveway.  Sure looks a lot nicer when they are clean, so I got the shovels and the leaf blower and went to work.  Bet there was a half ton of gravel on the driveways!  Took about an hour and a half but I got it cleaned!

After that I did the garbage detail and picked up trash.  With the wind blowing like it is I had a lot to clean up.  I think Missouri has the, what do you call them, litterbugs?  We have some, maybe a lot, that are habitual litterbugs. You can count on the coke cans and the McDonald bags in about the same place every day.  Kind of sad they don’t take a little pride in their citySad smile

Well this afternoon I get to wash mobile homes.  One has a lot of smoke damage on the outside where someone tried to burn it down.  It did not clean up.  The second one did a lot better, had a lot of rust stain on the side but it did come off pretty good and even though I didn’t get to finish it sure looks a lot better.

I’m a little sore tonight, guess I’m not used to all the scrubbing with a brush.  Guess I will be OK though, should have taken some Tylenol but I didn’t..  Oh well, guess I will say Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment