Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Monday September 5th 2011

Beautiful morning!  It is so much cooler this morning than it has been, the cold front made it through.  It rained just a little bit but I can see blue sky to the West and will probably clear up soon, well, it cleared up by about 1PM.

It was nice enough and the wind was blowing out of the North so I decided to bake bread.  I don’t like to bake when it is so hot out that the air conditioner has to run that much harder to keep it cool. Bread…

100_3035

The red and green stuff is jalapeno peppers!  This bread will bring tears to your eyes!  For some reason our peppers are exceptionally hot.  After I made bread Linda made zucchini bread.  We had a few fresh zucchini and decided to grind them and make some bread and freeze some more.  We have enough to last us a long time now.

I took over our okra, yellow squash and peppers to the neighbors, his mother loves the jalapeno peppers!  I couldn’t eat them, they are to hot for me! 

We are making plans to go to Springfield, IL tomorrow, well actually to Carlinville to see Linda’s brother, well, actually Linda’s older brother passed away and we are going to the funeral.  I’m not looking forward to the drive up there for some reason and I really didn’t want to take the time off work, not because of the money, but I just don’t like to call off but I did.

For our supper we had tomato and bacon sandwiches.  Linda used the jalapeno bread and at times she had tears rolling down her cheeks, “really good stuff”.

Oh, I mowed the lawn today, figured it was nice enough to do it, and it was!   I even wore a sweater, it really wasn’t that cold but I was comfortable.

Time to go for another day, will be a long day tomorrow, we haven’t figured out if we can board Sparky or not being a holiday, they aren’t open until 7:30AM Tuesday so will have to wait to see if we can board him, if we can’t I suppose he will have to come with us….Night Y’all….

1 comment: