Sunday, September 4, 2011

Saturday September 3rd 2011

I’m glad I have today off, it is going to be another hot day.  It isn’t cool this morning so I know it is going to get hot.

I worked a little in the garden, picked some okra. It is coming on pretty good now, everything else except for the tomatoes are gone and the tomatoes are starting to produce again, I think.  There are a bunch of little tomatoes coming on and in another couple of weeks we should start getting some more.  I’m not sure what happened but I may be allergic to okra!!  My fingers and my arm itch like crazy.  I put some stuff on them but didn’t help much so Linda has some chigger cream that I used and that did a pretty good job of relieving the itches!

We went to town to take care of some business and of course, go to Wal Mart.  Linda looked at the “eBooks”  and decided she needed the Nook. One thing about the eBook is they don’t take up hardly any room at all, not like the paperback books.  The books are a little cheaper too.  When we got home she practiced on it for the rest of the evening.

Got a picture of the corn field across the road…

100_3024

Now this is the field in back of use as the sun is coming up..

100_3021

This field will be gone in another week probably.  I put moth balls around our house  trying to keep the mice out.  Hope it works, I know they will make the big move when it gets cold but moth balls are pretty cheap.

We ordered steak dinners, T bone and a rib eye, from Johnson’s grocery store in Matthews.  They have pretty good meat there…

100_3026

The steaks were excellent!  The baked potato was probably the best I’ve had since I don’t know when and the price was probably the best part, $5 for the T bone and $6 for the rib eye!

100_3027

The T bone was 16 oz and the rib eye was 12 oz. They have these on Friday and Saturdays.  We will probably get them again.  Also got a large package of short ribs for six dollars, they were half price.  Haven’t tried them yet though.

Time to call it quits for today I guess and get some sleep…Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment