Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wednesday June 1st 2011

Time  is really flying by, it’s June already and it is hot out.  Beautiful mornings though, a little breezy and temp is just right, about seventy!

I tried watering the garden and the flowers.  Linda picked up four packages of bulbs and roots, I finally got them all planted a few days ago and I’m keeping an eye of them to see if any of them will grow!  We also bought perennials that don’t seem to be doing anything either!  The sunflowers are sure growing good though.

Today is an early day and I mess around in the morning and forget about the time.  I did remember the battery though. I am taking the camper battery in to get it checked to see if it is good.  When I got there they checked it and it was good so now I have another problem somewhere and I think I will have to take it to an auto electric place to get it checked out, I’m no good with electrical systems.

Mark made up a list for Grant and me to work on today.  It it composed of about fifteen things. I started out the day blowing rocks off the driveway which hadn’t been done for about six weeks. I trimmed the little “suckers” off some trees which took me the rest of the morning. Grant and I will pick up limbs that have been laying around for awhile and take them to the burn pile.  We used his truck and I think we had four or five loads of limbs and let me tell you it was really warm out and we had to take a water break about half way through.

After that I got the sprayer and leaf blower out. Sprayed a lot that I had missed but still haven’t gotten it all. I also blew off one of the roads in the mobile home park and picked up the sticks and bark that was on it. I did quite a bit of weed eating also, some spots really look a lot better now.

I took a half hour for lunch so I could quit at 5:30PM instead of 6PM.  When it was time to quit I was bushed, I think the temp was in the 90s today and I am wore to a frazzle!

When I got home I was going to do a little hoeing in the garden, nope not today, I am just to tired.

Took my shower and couldn’t stay awake but made it to 10;20PM before going to bed.

I weighed myself before going to bed and I had lost five pounds today and I had drunk over a gallon of water!  Lots of sweating!  Time for bed now…. Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. I know that you tolerate the heat better than I do, but please be careful. Glad to read that you're drinking lots of water. Stay hydrated! And take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete