Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tuesday May 31st 2011

Well this is the last day of May and it is going to be really warm.  This morning, at about 6:30AM, is beautiful, the breeze is blowing and it is about 70 degrees, just gorgeous!  I thought about doing a little weeding in the garden but figured if I do that I will get all hot a sweaty and I don’t want to do that this morning so I will wait until this evening to weed the garden. I planted, or replanted, some string beans and hopefully they will come up and produce this time.  I bought one tomato plant and it had another plant in it and I wasn’t going to try to separate them and it seems to be doing pretty good, it has a bloom on it now!  Wonder what kind of plant it is!!  Probably with my luck it will be Poison Ivy or something like thatSad smile..

I keep checking all the plants to see what is coming up, flowers anyway, and I see a few but not many.  I really don’t have a “green thumb”.

Work this afternoon! It is in the office so should have a pretty good day. I asked Mark about having the Winter off and he is going to check into some help coming in so we may make it back to the Valley this Winter for a while at least.  We will see, I would like to go to Mississippi for a while and we have to go to California for a visit, just to many things to do and not enough time or money to do them.

I had quite an easy day in the office, only had one camper come in. Mark made a list of things for us, Grant and me, to do tomorrow.  Enough stuff to keep us busy for quite awhile.  Grass to mow, weeds to chop, trees to trim, roads to clean off, underpinning  to replace from all the wind, roundup to spray, branches to pick up etc…

When I got home I did a little hoeing in the garden, not much but it is starting to look a little better.  I will have to pull grass out one of these days before it gets out of hand.  I can’t get it with a hoe in the rows so will have to pull it by hand.

My camera is getting rusty!!  I haven’t taken any pictures for a couple of days now, I usually take it with me but not much to take pictures of, that would be worth putting in the blog.

Linda fixed us a “Shrimp Cocktail” for supper and it was good.  Neither of us was very hungry and it is probably because of the heat, kind of losing our appetites. May be a good thing, might lose a little weight!!  That would be nice.

Well, I started a fire tonight and got some more stuff burned up but still have a lot of big pieces left, but I have a lot of time.

Nothing much good on TV tonight.  Watched the “Voice” and it wasn’t to bad but I’m not into their kind of singing, they do have good singing voices, but don’t like the songs.  So much for that, news and weather is on and sure enough, I missed most of it.  Guess I will go to bed…Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. Excited to hear that there is a possibility that you will be back in the Valley. We'll take any amount of time you can manage to be there!!!

    ReplyDelete