Saturday, June 4, 2011

Friday June 3rd 2011

Well, I think summer is here!!  Spring lasted maybe a weekend not sure, I think I may have missed it!  It is very warm already this morning at 6:30AM and will get very warm today.

I went down to Delta Growers and picked up a part for the mower and while I was there I picked up a couple of fuses for the air conditioner and some Bell Pepper plants.  Also picked up some sweet corn seed. When I got home I planted the peppers and started planting the corn.  Also did some hoeing and pulled some grass by hand.  Good way to work up a sweat.

Work today was a little different, kept kind of busy with people coming in for propane and to pay rent. Only got three campers though. One couple that were heading back to Arizona had gone to a graduation in Oregon (IL) which is only about ten miles from where I grew up.  Small world.  She taught school in Rochelle, IL which isn’t far from where we lived and another couple (Don & Peggy) we worked with and are still friends with are from Rochelle! Very interesting!

Closing shop wasn’t to bad but it seems right at quitting time people like to come in and talk.  I like to talk but not at quitting time when I need to do the book work.  Then I’m in a hurry and that’s when I make the mistakes.

I got home about  7:30PM and Daniel had put the new piece on the mower deck but something was amiss!  The spindle was loose and the nut was tight!  We tried getting the nut off again to see what was missing but the nut is to tight for us to get it off.  Daniel is taking it somewhere tomorrow to get the thing fixed.  The mower works great and the tractor runs great, hope that he can get it fixed!

Linda made some Mexican Goulash tonight, smells great!  Tastes great!  Really spicy!!!  I really like things that smell great, taste great and are kind of spicy!  This was good, hope she can remember the recipe!

The camera still works!!  Got a picture of a plant that is blooming and I don’t know what it is, it was growing with one of the tomato plants I bought so I let it grow…

100_2686

Not sure but I think it is either a squash or a cucumber but you can see I need to keep on the grass, it really grows fast!!

Here is another plant that I imagine Cuma planted, got lots of these and I think they are Yucca but not sure, they don’t smell as good as they look!

100_2689

Actually, they don’t smell good at all!  In the Fall the bottom stays kind of green but the top just looks like a dead stick.  I break them off and they come back again the next year, I have had fire real close to them but they still come back, they must be pretty hearty!

Guess that is about all for tonight, I think that is time….Night Y’all….

1 comment:

  1. My first thought was... squash, but wasn't sure, so I Googled it... Yep, it's squash! But then, I Googled "cucumber bloom pictures" and it looks exactly the same. The only difference, squash kind of makes a "bush" and cucumbers are a vine. Guess you have to wait and see. Boy, I'm a lot of help. LOL

    ReplyDelete