Friday, June 17, 2011

Wednesday June 15th 2011

I need to do a few things in the garden today.  Do a little weeding etc. I found a surprise when I went out there…

100_2750

100_2748

Zucchini!!!  They are about four inches long and growing like crazy.  The should be ready in about two days maybe three.  I really like zucchini and these were planted from seeds.  Hopefully we get a bunch from these plants..

Well, work today was quite hard. This morning I sprayed Roundup until the wind picked up and wasn’t good to spray anymore so I finished up the job I started last Thursday.  Didn’t take long to finish those jobs. I did some weed whacking until lunch so was getting kind of tired.  After lunch I went with Grant to Russell Street to clean up some empty lots. Got some stuff done but after spraying Roundup I see  a lot of places with overgrown bushes, hedges, trees, weeds etc, etc, etc.  I think I could spend a lot of time over there and probably wouldn’t get it all done. Anything helps though.

By the time we finished on Russell Street my feet were hurting and it still wasn’t time to go home.  After dumping the limbs that I had trimmed I got the golf cart with the sprayer and went over to the mobile home park and sprayed the edges of the road. Bermuda Grass is terrible except that it is green but it wanders all over and becomes a mess.  It grows out into the road so I’m trying to stop it from doing that.

Made it to five thirty and time to go home.  I watered the garden tonight, thought we might get a little rain but nope, dry as popcorn!  Linda made egg salad.  I had boiled the eggs this morning and forgot to tell her. Glad she realized that egg salad would be great on a hot day.  It was delicious.

Not going to do anything tonight because my feet hurt and I still have to work tomorrow!  We are going to watch a little TV and go to bed…Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment