Saturday, June 25, 2011

Thursday June 23rd 2011

I think I must be getting old.  I write my blog twice in one day for the same day and then I forget the next day!  Well, I will try to remember what I did today, for the record.

Today is an all day work day.  I usually get up at 6AM and have to be to work at 9AM.  Not to bad, gives me time to mess around for awhile. I watered the garden this morning I think, or maybe it was last night, think maybe it was last night, it still looked kind of damp this morning.  Now this may sound like Alzheimer's  setting in but actually today is Saturday and I have to strain my brain to remember Thursday.

Today Grant and I “Kool Sealed” another roof.  This mobile home was a little smaller and it took us a little less than two hours to finish it.  The cleanup took about 45 minutes.  Mark says we only have fourteen more to go.  Grant is a little skeptical about walking on the roof and the height.  Don’t blame him the roofs aren’t solid they do give, a lot!  Hard to walk on. I use the step ladder and go around the edges so I have to move the ladder about every five or six feet.  Takes awhile.

In the afternoon Mark had on the list to blow off the roads in the mobile home park with the leaf blower.  I think there must be a mile of roads over there and it took me a little over four hours and about five tanks of fuel. My shoulders were starting to get sore from carrying the leaf blower.  After I finished that I did some cleanup around an abandon mobile home.  Same one we cleaned up around yesterday but had some limbs to trim and weeds to spray.  Still didn’t get it all done.

After work I stopped at Food Giant again and got some more chicken.  Their chicken is pretty good and the price is great  $3.99 for eight pieces which does great for Linda and I.

100_2798

This is our “free” plant that came with a tomato plant.  Does it look like a yellow squash?  I think it is, this is the biggest that one has gotten so far.  I think maybe it is a squash, yellow type.

Daniel said he was going to let his son Landon use the push mower to go around the house and trim it up then let him use the rider to mow the lawn. I told him I was planning on doing it either tomorrow or Saturday, probably tomorrow cause it sounds like rain on Saturday.

I had to take some Advil tonight.  Probably going to be sore. Definitely going to take it easy tonight….Later Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment