Sunday, June 19, 2011

Friday June 17th 2011

OK now I have to remember what we did on Friday!! Today is Sunday and I didn’t write the blog yesterday.  I thought about mowing the lawn today but I think it still looks pretty good so I will wait until tomorrow.  I remember now, I took Stanley to Poplar Bluff to pick up Jim.  Jim drove himself down to se the Doctor and they admitted him to the hospital.  Now he is supposed to get released and can’t drive.  This will work out pretty good because I have to go in to work at one PM so I will have time to drive down and back again and still have plenty of time to go to work.  The trip was smooth and Stanley and I talked about hunting and land and whatever happened to come up, had a pretty good conversation.

There wasn’t enough time to mow the lawn anyway so I just took it easy until time to go to work.

Work went well, kind of busy but not bad.  I forgot my book so I didn’t have anything to read.  Mark and I talked about eating and he said Food Giant, a grocery store, had great chicken.  I had to stop and pick up some on the way home.  It was good and also picked up some mushrooms (cooked) which were also good.

Got a couple pictures of the garden..

100_2758

Just this side of the zucchini is the latest row of sweet corn.  Not very tall but will grow pretty fast, still have a pretty good size piece of garden yet and will probably plant another row of sweet corn there.

100_2760

Lots of blooms on the zucchini and will probably only be a couple of days before some is big enough to use.

Taking it easy tonight, we had some chicken parmesan (frozen) cooked in the microwave which turned out quite nicely!!  Well, time for bed…Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment