Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wednesday November 3rd 2010

It is raining this morning, well, drizzling I guess.  Not really raining.  The ground is wet and my garage is leaking.  I have a lot of things to do today that I know I won’t get done.  I decided to drag a couple of dead limbs out of the field and cut them up and try to help the Mimosa stump along out in the front yard….

100_1656

I figured it may help a little if I cut the stump down.  I had a pretty good fire going for awhile.  The dry branches really burnt good.

Back to the tree in the back yard….

100_1652

Mighty Mac and I did a pretty good job on this.  It isn’t finished but I got the limbs cut off the main part and I tried to see if “Mighty Mac” would cut through the trunk.  It did!!!  The trunk (actually a limb) was about 19 inches in diameter and Mighty Mac has a 14 inch blade.  Took awhile but it did it without hesitation. I’m the one that hesitated.  I would try to cut down the rest of the tree and I know mighty mac would do it, I’m the one who is scared.  Anything that could fall on me I get very nervous about.

Some of the other trees have to come down also or they will blow down..

100_1654100_1655

Both of these trees have really bad rotten spots and the one on the left has a crack in it which doesn’t show up very well on the picture. They will have to come down though before they fall down.

I called Don Adams this afternoon and he is going to help me haul some stuff from Lowe’s so I can get to work on the garage.  The weather isn’t going to cooperate though for the next couple of days so the garage may have to wait until next week.  Maybe I can get some of it done but not much.  Going to be very windy and get cold….BBBRRRRRRRR.

I went to church tonight at Miner Baptist.   I have been there before and it was a small study tonight on the “Gifts”  I want to try Sunday to see what it is like.  I have been there before so I shouldn’t be surprised.

We watched a little TV and went to bed.  I had a pretty good workout today and was getting a little tired…Nite Y’alll…….

No comments:

Post a Comment