Saturday, November 20, 2010

Friday November 19th 2010

Today is cool and windy.  I hope it isn’t to windy to burn.  That is what I am planning to do today.  I think I will be able to.

I got some of the termite boards from the front yard and cut them up then split them into small pieces to start the fire.  I don’t have a lot of dry wood to use so this will have to do to get it started.  After starting it I have plenty of green wood to throw on it to burn….

100_1980

Got it started…

100_1981

It is burning pretty good, if I had about six months it would probably burn

the stump but it is really to green to burn.  Hopefully the heat will kill it enough that the suckers won’t come out this Spring.  I wasn’t going to saw up this part of the tree, I was going to leave it for next year but I just couldn’t help myself.  My new Poulon Pro saw is working like a champ.  The more I use it the better I like it.  I’m not saying I like it better than the Might Mac but it sure starts good and it also saws good.  I’m still getting used to it but the more I use it the better I like it and the easier it is to use.

I let the fire burn after dark but  it was mostly embers and not much flame. That is good, don’t want to many sparks flying around.  I old Linda I will have to get a mall and some wedges to split the large pieces that I can’t hardly roll.   Probably should get an axe also. Next year…

Linda and I had chili again tonight and it was as good as last night.  Love chili!!!

1 comment: