Saturday, November 6, 2010

Friday November 5th 2010

It is another cool day but the sun is shining.  I have lots to do in the garage today.  I think I will try to take the center beam down.  Hopefully it will come down easy….

100_1662

Well, there it is!!!  I had to use my saw to split it into smaller pieces.  Some of it was still in pretty good shape with huge nails and other parts were rotten and almost fell down.  Took about an hour or so to get it down, now to put up the new boards….

100_1664

It is ready for the new boards and below I have them back in….

100_1665

The new sixteen foot boards actually went up easier than I thought they would.  Lots of up and down the ladder. After this I put the lights back up. Guess I should have waited to take the picture.  Next will be the open part of the roof.  It is windy and the pieces of plastic that I bought for it will be a bear to handle up there.  I think I will try it anyway, I don’t really want it to rain while the roof is open.

I don’t know how many times I went up and down the ladder carrying stuff up and down that ladder!  I was really getting sore but things are coming together quite well!!

100_1667

Here is a picture of the center pieces on but I am still not finished.  I still have some sealing to do. I took a picture from the inside.

100_1668

It doesn’t look bad does it???  I sure am stiff!!  I will need to take something tonight for the aching muscles. So far I have used all the stuff from Lowes except for one board that I probably won’t use because I’m not sure if I will have to remove the garage door to replace the old piece of wood that is rotten.  Big job!  I think I will wait.  I have plenty of trees to cut down.

We had chili dogs for supper.  Hit the spot.  I needed to relax and rest my weary muscles.  It’s funny, I keep forgetting that I am sixty six years old and probably shouldn’t be doing some of these things.  Oh well, God is doing a great job of protecting me… Good night y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment