Saturday, November 13, 2010

Friday November 12th 2010

I am supposed to get my new chain saw today.  Not sure when they will deliver it so I figure I might as well go get some gas, oil mix and some diesel fuel (to start fires).  I was gone about 15 minutes and when I got back it was sitting on the back porch.  Time to try to put it together….

100_1953

This wasn’t easy, all I had to do was put the bar and chain on. Well, I had a hard time getting the cover off to put the bar on!  If they don’t explain things it is really hard.  It has a safety device, called a kick back protector, and it needed to be reset but they didn’t explain that.  When I finally got it off I figured out how to reset it because it would not go back together without resetting it.  After getting it together I filled it with gas and oil and proceeded to try to start it.  Not like Might Mac!  No primer, no accelerator(?) not sure what you call it but it didn’t work.  Anyway, after a lot of trying I got it started, not sure how I did it but after starting it a few times I figured it out.  The choke is the thing that gives it the gas plus choking at the same time.    First time I used it I kind of thought this was a mistake. Should have gotten an expensive one, but, it does do a good job on the logs laying down and the extra six inches of bar and chain really help getting through the big ones.  Here is another picture of the third one to hit the dust!!!!

100_1963

I didn’t plan on the tree falling this way but I figured it would because most of the weight was leaning in that direction.  The last tree standing will be different because it is almost straight up and down.  This took a pretty good size branch off the neighbors tree and I told them about it.  They didn’t care, it really wasn’t theirs anyway.

100_1962

The tree in the middle will be the last to come down.  Will be nice to get them all down then I can plant an oak tree or something back there. I did a lot of cutting and most of the pieces are to big for me to move  The will be gone in a couple of yearsSmile.

:Linda took a few more pictures of Sparky….

100_1959

I thought he looked cute here.  He likes it under the deck for some reason.

100_1956

He has finally learned how to come up the steps by himself. He is really getting fast!  When we play in the morning he really gets hyper and runs like crazy and likes to bite…100_1969

First blood!!!  His needle sharp teeth punctures skin pretty easy…

Well, I quit cutting wood about 5PM.  I was beat!   I think I will be able to finish cutting it up before we have to leave.

Linda fixed hamburger gravy and I fixed biscuits.  I used coconut oil to  make the biscuits and they really turned out good.  Hamburger gravy has to be one of my favorites.  I think that is from when I was young.   My Mother used to make hamburger gravy and we had potatoes every day, not the hamburger gravy though.  Sounds strange but the first time I saw a steak without flour on it was when I was in the service.  I didn’t say anything but it sure didn’t look good, didn’t look like Mom’s steak!!

I am going to take it easy tonight, hope I won’t be sore in the morning!!  Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment