Friday, November 26, 2010

Thursday November 25th 2010

Thanksgiving Day!!  It rained a little last night, not a lot but I could hear it on the roof a couple of times.  Thought it would be cool this morning but it has to be close to 70 already and the sun is just coming up.  I know we have a cold front coming through but not sure when.

Linda fixed here Tropical Slaw last night and this morning is fixing a green bean casserole.  We will pick up Aunt Virgie on the way over so I had to unload stuff from the trunk and back seat so we would have enough room for her and the wheel chair.  I should have had the car unloaded already but I guess I just don’t hurry, “this is Mississippi”.

We got the car loaded and headed over to pick up Aunt Virgie but I have seen some weird bugs and I took this picture….

100_1760

This was on the front of the camper, it is kind of big and really ugly.  They are plentiful around here, I’ve seen a lot of them.

When we got to Rick and Connie’s the house smelled really good, turkey and all that good stuff!!  It was plenty warm enough to sit outside in the shade.  It was cloudy but when the sun came out it really got hot.  I let Sparky run for quite awhile just to get him worn down.  Mike and Sharon came over at 1PM so it was time to eat.  Mike and Sharon are Rick and Connie’s cousins.  This is Mike…

100_1766

100_1765

Excellent dinner…I ate to much of course but UMMMM was it good. Steve and Anna Grace came over so Sparky got to go outside with Anna Grace and get worn down again.  Anna Grace said he wore her out, that is hard to believe.

Steve and I took Aunt Virgie back home about 4:30PM so she could get a nap.  She was really looking tired.  Aunt Virgie just turned 90 this summer. We stayed for awhile at Rick and Connie’s visiting but we were really tired so we decided to come home and relax, actually we took a nap for a couple hours then went to bed.  We couldn’t eat anything before bed, we were still full from lunch.  Sleep well Y’all….

1 comment:

  1. That bug is what we called a "stink bug" when I was a kid. If you bother them or make them mad, they emit this horrible stinky smell.
    Sounds like you all, Sparky included, had a wonderful day. Can't wait to meet him. (hint.hint.)

    ReplyDelete