Friday, November 5, 2010

Thursday November 4th 2010

It is cool this morning but not real cold.  The forecast for tomorrow is going to be a lot colder, in fact they are talking of some snow flurries!! BRRRR!

I called Paw Paw’s this morning and they weren’t sure what was going on with the camper and they said the would call back and I told them it wasn’t necessary, I didn’t say they never returned the calls so I was nice about it. I also explained to them that Linda had a Dr appointment on November 18th and we would probably come down about the 20th, give or take. They said that was fine and they would expedite the work on the camper. I also asked if the didn’t have it done could we still stay in it??  Why of course!! Oh, they did call back but they still didn’t know anything so I told them I would call again tomorrow.

I met Don at Lowe’s where I was going to get some boards and “Cool Seal” for the garage roof.  Don has a 14 foot trailer that hauled the 16 foot boards with no problem. I bought four pieces of corrugated plastic roofing to put down the center of the roof and some sponge to go in between the pieces to keep the water out.  Time to go to work….

100_1657

Got my mop and the cool seal and am putting on the first coat.  Before I did this I took off the center plastic pieces so I could get all the way to the top.  The metal sheeting on the top is about a foot to short. I would like an overhang of about 4 inches and about another 6 or 8 inches closer to the peak.  Not going to happen.  Five gallons was just enough to go over the roof twice. I think it looks a lot nicer.  The north side had a lot of rust and this did a pretty good job of covering it up.  This was kind of a messy job, the wind was blowing very hard and I had a lot of speckles all over me.

The Mimosa stump was still hot this morning so I figured I would put a couple more logs on the fire…It isn’t gone yet but there isn’t much left…

100_1659

Listening to the news tonight, they said there was a burn ban, to dry to burn and to windy, well when I started the fire yesterday it had rained and it was really damp.  There is still a little bit of the stump left and I will have o burn again.  Not to worry, I will get it someday.

Back to the garage, this is the center beam that I have to replace.  I think I may get  at it tomorrow…

100_1661

I had to stop working at 5PM I was bushed.  Guess that fresh air really made me tired. I was also sore so Linda gave me some Advil or something and I felt pretty good the rest of the night  Linda made a nice big pot of chili that really hit the spot, it was really good.  We will watch some TV tonight and rest up for tomorrow.  It may be another big day tomorrow taking that center rafter down and putting up sixteen foot two by sixes. They are kind of heavy…Night y’all….

1 comment:

  1. You are working much too hard. I sure am praying that you don't over-do. I'm sure you are pleased with what you've accomplished so far and you should be. Be careful!!

    ReplyDelete