Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Monday November 1st 2010

Today we should make it all the way home. The Ramada isn’t to bad a motel, not the greatest but the price was really nice, cheapest we have stayed at on the way home $35!  We slept good and then we went to breakfast which was also pretty good. There was a buffet…

100_1638

This was the buffet, there was a lot of things on it but I think I could have done a better job on some of the items. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t bad but could have been better.  I enjoyed it.

We got on the road about 10:00AM and like I said this part of the trip is really boring.  I had a hard time staying awake but we traveled on.  We stopped at Wal Mart in Cabool or somewhere like that and bought a few groceries.  We will need a few for tomorrow. The rest of the drive home was uneventful. Got home about 3:30PM and as I walked around the corner I saw the results from the high wind…

100_1640

This was our TV antennae that was on a pretty good sized steel pole.  I tried to remove it when we moved in but couldn’t lift it.  The short piece should be a piece of cake.. The trees I plan on cutting down in the back yard, well I got a little help….

100_1643

These trees are humongous and the part that fell wasn’t dead but most of it was.  The next one to the left not in the picture is the largest and I notice it has a horizontal crack about 10 feet in up so I imagine it will be the next one.  These trees are way to big for Mighty Mac so I am going to have to get him a helper I guess.

Linda keeps saying I won’t be able to handle the cold weather here and she is probably right…..

100_1646

Notice she has a sweater on????  She is freezing!  It is cool in here, probably 65 degrees.  I think it is cool to but the cold that I don’t like is the damp, windy, 45 degree weather. I get cold and can’t get warmed up. This so far isn’t to bad. Well, we are going to take it easy tonight and then start some of the things we have to do tomorrow, voting for sure, then whatever else we can do.  Bye for now……

No comments:

Post a Comment