Friday, November 19, 2010

Thursday November 18th 2010

It is not a nice day out today, it is cloudy and windy.  Linda has a doctor appointment this morning with Dr Pfefferkorn.  He is a good Christian man.  I got her up early so she could get ready.  I always have to spend the first hour or so with Sparky to get him worn down so I can do my reading and computing.  He is a real pistol right after he wakes up.  Hands and feet are the main target for play.  His needle sharp teeth really hurt.

I checked the fire out at the stump this morning and it is still smoldering even after the rain.  There must have been at least a ton of wood burnt but still have about thirty tons left.  Got lots of wood to burn.

Got in to see the doctor on time and he checked her pulse and blood pressure and looked at her log for the glucose level for the last three months.  Talked for awhile and then renewed her two prescriptions and we left.  Cost $77 for that visit.  After the first of the year she will be able to get a physical and I will probably get one also.  Been two years for me and longer than that for Linda.

We stopped at the vets and picked up medicine for Sparky because we won’t be here to take him in.  That was over $100!!!  He is getting expensive for a free dog.

We bought a bookcase (cheap) from Wal Mart and we put it together when I got home.  It has five shelves…

100_1725

That space in the next to the top shelf is the only open space.  These books were all in bags on the floor.  I think this was a pretty good idea if I do say so myself.  I think most of these books will never be read again but at least they are put up out of the way. 

Linda made a delicious pot of chili again tonight.  Big enough that we can have it for a few more days.. we really like chili

Not a lot going on tonight, we will watch a little TV and then go to bed.  Sparky has been doing excellent.  He sleeps in his cage and sleeps all night!!!  YES!!  Usually puppies will howl and while and bark when they are left alone but he has been excellent.  He is learning that his jobs are to be done outside and not in the house.  He has had two little accidents, which we caught before he really went so we are very happy.  He isn’t sometimes when he has to go out though.

Well, time to go to bed, tomorrow I want to do a little more burning if it doesn’t rain…Night Y’all…..

1 comment: