Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday November 21st 2010

It is supposed to get warm today and I thought sunny but it is cool out and very cloudy.  As the morning progresses it is getting warmer.  Went to church at Miner this morning.  Thanksgiving is really close.  Guess I don’t pay much attention to this holiday.  I figured it was in a couple of weeks.  Time is flying by.

Church service was nice.  It was really different.  It was out of second Corinthians and was about Paul in, I am going to say Corinth but that wasn’t the city and I’m not going to try to spell it!!   The gist of the sermon was he didn’t accept any pay there and the non Christians said that he wasn’t a preacher at all but he said he accepted money from other places so he wasn’t indebted to them and wanted to give them the Gospel because of his love for them and God’s love for them.  Well, during the sermon the preacher stopped about three times for the people to reflect and thank God for the people in their lives and the things that God has given them etc.  It was different and interesting.

This afternoon I was kind of hungry for chicken and we had a couple breasts in the freezer that I wanted to get used up before tomorrow so we wouldn’t have to take them or leave them in the freezer.   We had an onion and a bag of baby carrots that I used also and a can of cream of chicken soup….. doesn’t look very good but was delicious!!

100_1726

We had a baked potato along with this.   I over ate again.  Something that seems to happen all to often.

Tonight I went to church at Friendship Baptist in Sikeston.  I saw Ken there, we worked together at Miner Police Department.  Also saw Harold, who stayed at Hinton RV Park while he was building his house.  We were working there at the time.

Back home I decided it was time to start loading the car.  I have almost all my stuff packed and ready to put in the car.  Linda hasn’t started yet and she likes to sleep in in the morning.  Wonder what time we will get on the road???  We will probably watch a little TV tonight and go to bed. Hope she gets her bag packed before bed, I know she won’t want to get up at 6AMSmile  Night y’all…

1 comment: