Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tuesday May 4th 2010

Today is the day!!!  We packed up some things yesterday after we picked up the camper but still have a lot to do this morning.  I looked out the window and FOGGY!!  Probably won’t matter though, we won’t get an early start.  I got Linda up a little after 8AM, she wasn’t ready!!  We still have lots to do today and she stayed up late last night watching Dancing with the Stars.  Not a good idea!!

We finally got everything loaded I think, can’t find my watch but I do have my camera and telephone.  Connie came over to check on Aunt Virgie and see us off.  Sad that everything is going to change when we leave and will really seem funny when we come back.  We got on the road about 10:30, give or take and with all the stops to check the car we finally made it to the interstate and headed out like a herd of turtles.  Linda was ready to stop for the night before we got to Jackson about noon!!  I know this is a long drive but we have so much to do at home we need to push on.  She started feeling a little sick when we got to Arkansas, she hadn’t eaten much so she had a sandwich and some chips.  I was tired at first but got a second wind when we made it to Arkansas.  The trip was pretty good, gas is getting expensive and I need to fill the camper with fuel.  We made it home about 7:45PM I think and we were ready to stop.

100_0180

I forgot I had taken a couple pictures.  Camper is loaded car is hooked up Voila!!!  We are ready!

100_0182

This looks like an ordinary picture.  Guess what???  It is!!!  No, looks like a campground over there but there are probably a thousand FEMA campers parked there.  Probably never have been used.  Our tax dollars at work.  I have a hard time taking pictures and driving but don’t have time to get the camera to Linda.

100_0183

I 55 Northbound.  This is where the tornado went through around Yazoo City.  This is the last part of it and it is hard to comprehend the devastation a tornado can do in just a few minutes.  Sorry I didn’t get a better picture.

We are just plum tuckered.  Linda had to watch some TV though and made a couple of cheese quesadillas for our late night supper.  Was good!

Found a couple things wrong at home, the light switch in our bedroom wouldn’t work so we couldn’t use our overhead fan but generally everything was fine.  Think we will sleep good tonight!!!   Nite yall…..

2 comments:

  1. The camper looks great all ready to go! Don't you just hate seeing all that wasted money on the Fema trailers!! Makes me mad every time I pass there. They just went crazy buying those things after the storm I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you're going to get a call from me tomorrow. Taking pictures while driving? Joel!!
    Cruiser looks great!

    ReplyDelete