Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday May 29th 2010

I was sore from yesterday.  I think the weed eating for a couple hours hurt my shoulders and back.  After I got moving around it wasn’t to bad.  Linda was in pretty good shape except for a headache and I won’t go away!

We started work and had some rooms to check to make sure they were ready for people to occupy.  We received word later that 2 cabins were ready to be cleaned for more people who will come in today.  We started on that after a lot of chasing after a golf cart, radio, etc.  After we got started on the cabin it wasn’t bad except for some of the drapes in the loft and the  linens.  The three cabins had to be cleaned and ready by 2PM.  We skipped our lunch to finish the third cabin.  We were pleasantly surprised while cleaning the first cabin, we had visitors!!  Don and LaVon Baker pulled up to the cabin and it took us awhile to figure out who in the world would be coming to the cabin to see us.  They really surprised us.

100_0444

They took us to Fall Creek Restaurant for a really good meal.  I took my camera but we had started eating before I took a picture of the food.

 

100_0445

They all had catfish, I had to be different and have chicken fried steak.  I had a taste of Linda’s fish and it was excellent, my chicken fried steak was really good too.

100_0441

This is a restaurant like Lambert’s, they even throw the rolls.  Had a very good meal.

100_0446

The Blues Brothers of course.  I didn’t take a picture of the cowboy but it was different, it kind of stared at you while you were eating, fortunately I had my back turned to it.  After eating we came back to our camper and played a couple of games of Zilch or “stupid game” as it is called by some people.  Had a great evening. They shared their experiences of how the Lord is blessing them and their Ministry “Christian Resort Ministries”.  Many great things are taking place with the Lord’s help, very exciting. 

We will watch a little TV and go  to bed.  Our schedule has changed and we won’t have to go to work until 9AM which is nice.  Should sleep good tonight…..Bye Ya’ll…..

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, you got a picture of the Blues Brothers! I got a picture of that cowboy that stared at me the whole time we were eating. I'll get it posted soon. I'm behind!!

    ReplyDelete