Sunday, May 23, 2010

Saturday May 22nd 2010

Rainy season must be over for a few days now.  Beautiful sunny sky, light breeze, warm, I can handle this kind of weather.  I put the awning out last night and left it out.  Guess the wind isn’t blowing very hard so I think I will leave it out while we go to work.  Should be OK.

When we got to work we found out that the bottom floor of the Lodge flooded.  The sewer back up.  Not good.  It wasn’t all that bad, but bad enough.  We didn’t have to do that part of the clean up but finished it later, sanitizing the bathrooms etc.

James and Janice worked with us today and actually we didn’t have a lot to do. We cleaned one room and made sure four others we ready to be occupied.  I kind of made a mistake.  I filled up the washer to do the sheets and towels etc. but then remembered that we weren’t supposed to use the water so I turned it off.  Guess that was a mistake.  It wouldn’t start up again.  I was told it was to full and that is why it wouldn’t start up.  I was also told when we started to fill it up, full.  Guess I need more training.

I didn’t really do a lot of walking today but my feet hurt, bad!!  After work I took a shower and sat with my feet up.  Took a long time for them to quit hurting.  I am going to wear a different pair of shoes tomorrow.

I wasn’t thinking this afternoon.  Linda made macaroni and cheese from scratch and we used the left over chili from yesterday and had chili mac. It was really good.  When we were finished eating I remembered the camera, so I didn’t get a picture of it.  I also made Jalapeno bread this morning and didn’t get a picture of that either.  I do think we have a problem with the convection oven.  The first loaf turned out nice and brown and the second one wouldn’t brown.  I think the fan quit working and that is going to be a problem.  We have used the convection oven (new) maybe six or eight times in the last month and now the oven is broke (I think).  We have over three months to go before we go back home, long time to go without an oven.

Well, so much for today, not a real good day but the sun was shining!!  Going to try to get a good nights sleep tonight…Nite Ya’ll….

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope and pray your oven isn't broke! Maybe it just needed to cool down.

    ReplyDelete