Monday, May 24, 2010

Sunday May 23rd 2010

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood.  My fingers aren’t working good at all this morning.  Can’t blame my fingers, my brain is still asleep I think. The day looks like another beautiful day.

When we went to work we worked with James and Janice again and Marian after she got back from lunch.  There were a lot of rooms to clean but tomorrow there wouldn’t be any more checkouts.  We cleaned the rooms on the main floor and the other couple, Wilbur and Bernie, cleaned at the Main Park.  When we were finished at 3PM we still had a couple more rooms to do but tomorrow is another day, no arrivals today.

We made plans to go to church today with James and Janice and we picked this church:

100_0389

100_0388

This is a very friendly little church.  They had a special speaker tonight from “Bearing Precious Seed”.  They print Gospel Tracts and the ones they are sending to Prague are “John & Romans”.

100_0391

They have 250,000 of these and 250,000 tracts all boxed and in a shipping container ready to go to Prague.

100_0386

This is Barry and his family, the girls are beautiful singers.  They didn’t introduce them tonight so I’m not sure if one of them is his wife or not. He was really on fire tonight though.  I was just noticing the man in the left corner, I think he must be a Blue Grass fan and they definitely didn’t sing Blue Grass. (I’m just kidding!!).  I had a hard time following Brother Barry in his sermon.  He told us to turn to Numbers 4:4.  Then he proceeded to quote scriptures from Psalms and different books and when he finally got to Numbers 4:4  I have no idea what it had to do with what he was preaching on, which was, to a non believer, the book (Bible). Now I may be wrong and anyone can correct me if they want, but I don’t think we are to put a bible on a pedestal to worship, now the Word contained in the Bible is the Word of God which is to be read, memorized, used to live by and instilled in our hearts, but because they printed the Word it sounded to much like we are to worship the book.  I know better and the Bible shouldn’t be misused or abused because it does “contain” the Words of God.  OK, off my soapbox…..to something else……

100_0390

This is a little “after the fact”.  Doesn’t look to good does it?  It was so good it’s gone!!  We stopped at Pizza Hut after church.  I’m not cheap or anything but a $10 pizza shared by 4 people isn’t real expensive!!  We had a good time and enjoyed the evening.

We plan on going back to Sikeston Tuesday to do a few things, pick up a few things and take back a few things.  Tomorrow is another day, as if everyone didn’t know that, so I am going to take it easy and relax before going to bed:-)    Nite Ya’ll………

No comments:

Post a Comment