Saturday, March 30, 2013

3/28/13 Trip back to Sikeston

I knew we weren’t going to get an early start today, things had to wait until the last minute and then I couldn’t find Linda’s computer!

We decided that if it was still in the park model it would still be there when we get back.  I looked all over and maybe I packed it I can’t remember, can you believe that???

We got on the road at 9:20AM but we are only going to the other side of Houston to see Daryl and Cindy.

We had a pretty nice trip up there without any problems.  We stopped at Bucky’s for gas and a stretch. 

  P1010762

Gas is still expensive, over $3 a gallon but at least the car gets really good gas mileage.

We made it to Daryl and Cindy’s around 4:30PM. The little Tom Tom took us right to their door.

We had a really good visit and they fixed BBQ chicken and the trimmings, great meal.  We talked a lot of politics and it is a good thing we pretty much agree on politics, could have been arguments but they are very nice and they try to avoid having conflicting arguments.  Doesn’t do any good to fight about stuff, no one is going to change their mind, it is just upsetting!

We slept really good and I got up at 6 as usual and took Sparky for a walk. They fixed us a superb breakfast, eggs, potatoes, bacon and toast.  Very good!  Here they are fixing breakfast.

P1010763

Had to get a picture before leaving…

P1010768

We got on the road around 9:20AM and I knew it was going to be a long day.  We only drove 380 miles yesterday and the trip will be over a thousand miles.  We had to make frequent stops to stretch etc.  Linda wanted to stop for the night and I want to get home!  I feel pretty good after the first couple of hours.

 

Linda bought a couple of books on CD which we listened to one on the way.  Really keeps my interest.

We made it home at 9:40PM, a little over twelve hours and a little over 600 miles.  A long day for sure but after we got home I unloaded the car and Linda put stuff in the fridge, I am definitely ready for bed…Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. hey joel. glad you had a good trip. frank

    ReplyDelete