Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tuesday March 12th 2013

Cool again this morning but I am sure it will get pretty warm out as the day goes on.  We have had beautiful weather but we sure could use a few inches of rain here!

Linda doesn’t feel to good this morning so I am going to go on the little field trip without her.   We are going to Hidalgo to the pump house.  Not sure what it will be but should be interesting.

I even got a couple of pictures!

P1010714

The smoke stack is 125 feet tall.  The pump house pumped water from the Rio Grande River, I think for irrigation.

P1010700

We used to have an old Ford tractor when I lived on the farm but the thing behind the tractor is a furnace.  They used it to pump the water, steam power I guess.  The furnace was very large.  On the tour we did get to see the new pump house but it is run with electric motors.  The tour lasted about an hour and was very informative.  The narrator was very good but didn’t seem to know how to use the microphone.  The ones in the back of the tram couldn’t hear when she turned her head away from the microphone.

I rode with Jim and Brigette and Ed and Joan.  Had a nice ride down and back.  We could have taken a couple of other tours but decided not to.  We all were ready to head back home.

We watched a couple of movies that Linda had borrowed from the neighbors a couple of days ago and figured we needed to get them back to the owners because people are starting to leave and we didn’t want to have them go without their movies!

Linda fixed a pork roast and a beef roast today, She is going to make fajitas, maybe tomorrow.  Sure smell good though.

Well, time to say Night Y’all.   I just realized I missed some things from yesterday, guess I will have to edit yesterday’s blog….

No comments:

Post a Comment