Monday, November 12, 2012

Sunday November 11th 2012

We have a pretty big day today, I got Linda’s casserole in the oven by 7AM and I grilled the smoked sausage and kind of fried up some onions.  Really smells good in the house.

The women are singing today so I figure we won’t have choir practice and I was pretty close to right even though the men sang in the choir until the women sang their special and we left the choir loft.

Not sure how to explain the service this morning.  It was excellent!  It consisted of slides, videos, preaching and readings.  After watching the video I knew I was in trouble.  The video was about older vets and they are doing things with their grandkids and the video was about the war and during the movie three young service people came into the theater and one by one all the people stood and saluted them, doesn’t sound like much but it was a tear jerker and the song the women sang, I’ll Cry American Tears, was another tear jerker.

When my turn came I lost it, sorry but I couldn’t hold it back, lucky I made it through the reading, “What is an American Veteran"?  Whoa!  I made it but I stumbled through most of it and my nose and eyes were running.  Excellent service though despite all that.

Dinner after was excellent, wow, all the food that we had and all the food that was left over and what is going to happen to all of it, I think it will get eaten.

Went to North Acres this afternoon, stopped at J.W and Omalene’s to practice with someone I don’t think I know but am willing to sing with almost anyone!  Her name is Shelly (I think) and the song we are singing is “What A Day That Will Be” and they added something to the end and Omalene helped me learn it.  It sounds really good.  Found out that Shelly is the piano player.

Got a picture of the four of us….

P1010139

Shelly, J.W., Omalene and me,  I even wore a jacket and tie!  That is unusual for me.  Shelly sang a song by herself first and she has a beautiful voice and for a small person she can really belt out a tune!

I got a picture of Pastor Charles and his wife Linda…P1010140

He is a good preacher and down to earth with his presentation, no big words to make us wonder what he is saying. 

Well, guess that about sums up the day, quite a long day but very fulfilling. We need to get home and relax.

Linda was ready for bed at 10PM and that is really unusual!!!  Night Y’all..

1 comment:

  1. So good to see you using your beautiful voice again!! Wish I could hear you all singing.

    ReplyDelete