Saturday, November 17, 2012

Friday November 16th 2012

Well, I thought the electric was all fixed now the kitchen light won’t turn on. I checked and there is no electricity going to it at all.  Velda happened to come over and she gave Linda tortilla warmer, I will have to take a picture of it, should have gotten a picture of Velda giving it to her, maybe tomorrow.

Back to the electricity, Dale came over and brought his handy dandy tester and sure enough, there was no electricity to it so we, he, checked the wires going into the box in the bedroom and everything seemed to be OK and he started flipping switches and Velda hollered that it came on, hmmm, wonder which one and he switched them back on and it is connected to the air conditioner in the living room.  I had left them off because I figured we wouldn’t use them but the kitchen light is connected to it so guess I will have to use it (the breaker switch).

Now I know I have a picture to post….

P1010152

Here is a banana tree across the street from us.  The year before they all froze but they have all come back and this one has bananas on it and I think they are so neat.  They grow upside down, Darin had one out in San Diego and he cut it down, I was so disappointedSad smile.I guess they are kind of messy, I know Cliff, the maintenance guy, says he hates them also.

P1010153

Almost forgot that this morning was the “Coffee Clutch” or what ever you want to call it.  Eleanor hosted this morning and there were only four of us there including Eleanor!  Eleanor is from Cedar Rapids IA.  I think she has been here a month now.  If I’m not mistaken this is the first coffee so some probably forgot about it.  Dan and Laurel were there also.  Jay came in later and had a couple donuts.

We made a trip to Wal Mart and spent a bunch of money.  Getting started is really expensive!  I was used to the camper where we brought almost everything with us.  Bernie and Eleanor left a lot of stuff but we still needed a lot more, well, we probably bought a lot more than we actually needed.

Had cereal for supper, it really hit the spot.  I was kind of tired tonight, I slept through a lot of the shows, or dozed, so I missed a lot.  When I went to bed I thought I wouldn’t be able to go to sleep but I didn’t have much of a problem there….Night Y’all…

1 comment: