Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday November 12th 2012

Up at 5AM this morning, Linda even wanted to get up early so I woke her up at 5:15AM and we started getting stuff put together. 

Last night after church it was raining and by the time we got home it was really raining hard, not going to load the car in this kind of weather.  This morning though is different, it isn’t raining and it is cold and the wind is blowing.  I started carrying stuff out and didn’t pay much attention to where I was putting things, I will be unloading it tomorrow!  To bad I couldn’t remember where I did put things, we needed some of that “stuff”.

Got on the road at 8:15AM which is about an hour later than we planned.  The wind is behind us so maybe we will get decent gas mileage, sure hope so.   Got into Arkansas and there was a station there and the gas was 2.95 but I don’t really need it now, luckily we found a station that we got it for the same price.  Sure isn’t that price all over!

We are making pretty good time and want to make it to Nacogdoches tonight, we have reservations at the same motel we stayed at this summer, twice!  Not a great motel but Sparky can stay here!

P1010141

We had a real nice day, beautiful sunshine and nice cool weather, it warmed up from 38 to 58 by the time we hit Texas but it is supposed to freeze here tonight.  Winter is coming!

We thank the Lord for watching over us as we travel.  I get tired and sometimes I would really like to take a nap but even if I stopped I couldn’t go to sleep so we stop at the rest area or McDonald’s, walk around for awhile or get a cup of coffee and back on the road.  I figured we would drive around 490 miles today and it ended up being about 530, give or take.

We made it to Nacogdoches before dark which I was really glad, I really don’t like driving at night.  Pickup trucks are the worst for their lights.  I’m not sure why but I think all pickup trucks lights are aimed at oncoming cars and they are blinding, for me!

We are taking it easy tonight, Sparky was kind of hyper from riding all day but I think he will sleep well tonight, me too!  Will watch a little TV and of course catch up on my blog writing.  About time hey….  Night Y’all..

No comments:

Post a Comment