Monday, January 2, 2012

Sunday January 1st 2012

Let me tell you Saturday night and Sunday morning were pretty noisy!  The fireworks were plentiful for sure!  I think there were a lot of guns also.  We kept hearing noises that sure sounded like automatic gunfire.  Maybe semi-automatic.  Kind of made us wonder which way they were firing or maybe it was the drug wars getting close.  The band played until about two or three in the morning.  I’m not sure when they quit but the music was loud.

I got up and went to church at Mission First Baptist.  Pastor Adrian says the first three months are going to be “Boot Camp”.  He is going to start at the beginning and get all the “basics” down then go on to “advanced” later.

Sunday School was also good.  I’m not sure what the teacher’s name is but I think she was a missionary.  She seems to know the bible quite well! We were in Numbers and the time with Balak and Balaam, and I always wondered why the Lord said no to Balaam twice then the third time said to go?  She had a pretty good answer, it was because He wanted to show Balaam that it didn’t matter what he did but he needed to learn that because he did want to go he would learn the hard way that it wasn’t the right thing to do!  Something like that.  Balaam almost got himself killed but she said it didn’t get him converted, he was still a sorcerer! 

We didn’t do much today. I made some biscuits for lunch and Linda made the hamburger gravy.  Had a good lunch but sure ate to much.

This morning, going back, it was very warm out, about 70 I think.  During church we got a good rain and when I got out of church it was 63 degrees. That was quite a cool off.

This afternoon was nice, kind of cool but not cold.  I think it is going to get chilly tonight though.

Just a little TV tonight.  I went to church tonight but there are no Sunday Evening services.  I didn’t know!

Well, time to say Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment