Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday August 28th 2012

I was outside this morning just walking around checking stuff and I happened to remember a stump in the front that is always in my way so I thought I may go dig it up.  On the way out I see some “Goats Head” which are very nasty plants, even worse than sand burrs. If you have never seen a goats head, it is a little bigger than a sand burr and has three points and is actually shaped like a goats head!  When they dry out they are very hard and very sharp.  Bicycle tires are no match for them, they will flatten a bicycle tire with no problem.  I dug up the plants and put them in a bag and will put it in the trash.  Neighbor told me they pop like crazy if you burn them.  Not sure if they scatter the seeds or not.

Back to the stump.  I dug around it and it was getting kind of rotten so I figured I would get the old Poulon Pro chainsaw out and give it a try.  After pulling a few times and choking it, it finally started and I let it run about half throttle for a few minutes to get it warmed up.  The chainsaw actually worked very good.  The chain won’t stay tight but it ran good and that really surprised me, got the stump out in just a few minutes so time to relax until time to go to work.

Work was kind of slow today but I had my book and I finished it kind of early and now I have nothing to keep me busy.

I made it until 7PM and took off home.   Linda made Mexican Spaghetti tonight, wow is that stuff good!  Kim picked up chicken on the way home from work and that  smelled delicious, I think we may get some tomorrow.

Getting caught up on my blog tonight. No pictures for tonight so I will give it the “Night Y’all” and call it quits for tonight….

1 comment:

  1. Kim?!?! When I read this I thought Kim was out visiting you but I don't see anything in previous blogs mentioning that. I was thinking that I just talked with Linda the other night too... :)

    Job well done on getting the nasty goats head out and the stump too. :)

    Mexican spaghetti sounds delish!

    Love Brenna :)

    ReplyDelete