Monday, August 27, 2012

Sunday August 26th 2012

I had talked to my neighbor, Larry and I told him we would try coming to his church so I think that we will go there.  Only problem is that it is about forty miles away.  He goes there twice on Sunday and he went down yesterday and mowed the lawn.

On our way down we stopped at Wal Mart in Dexter so I could pick up a spark plug for the pressure washer.  I about fell over when I saw the price, it was over $8 but I think maybe it has some gold in it, never seen a gold spark plug before but it is genuine Briggs and Stratton!  I also notice that the price of gas was almost twenty cents a gallon cheaper than Sikeston. Not sure why it is so cheap but figured on the way home we would fill up the car.

We got to church early, well, they started late so we had time to meet some of the people.  It is a country church on a gravel road but the church looks really nice.  Brother Larry had the Sunday School and it was very interesting and the church service was even better.  Only had about twenty in attendance and it was down a little but very friendly people.

They have a dinner on the fourth Sunday, today, and we stayed for the dinner, it was excellent!  I got a picture of Larry and Donna…

100_4108

Oh, Linda is in the background getting stocked up with food!  Larry works for the City of Sikeston and Donna is a school teacher.  Great neighbors. Probably shouldn’t say this but he expressed an interest in buying our place, something to think long and hard about.

On the way home I did stop and fill up with gas but we did do a little site seeing.  Got to see Lake Wappapello and even got a picture…

100_4109

This reminds me of Canyon Lake TX.  We got to see where it went over last year and the road that it took out in the process…

100_4111

This is the overflow…

100_4112

When we got home I had to take a nap and then it was time too head for church again.  Went to North Acres tonight.  This is a nice church and I like the pastor and his sermons but there aren’t any youth that I have seen but I haven’t been there very often.

Well, guess that is about all for today so I will say Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment