Sunday, February 27, 2011

Saturday February 26th 2011

Beautiful cool morning, wind is blowing and it looks like a great day.  We don’t have anything planned for today, Linda is letting me read one of her books by John Grisham called “The Last Juror”.  So far it is really good. Some parts are really funny.  I have been sitting outside reading with Sparky and I kind of doze once in awhile but Sparky has really been good about staying around.

Our neighbors from Quebec, Andre and Norlita, are leaving this morning to go down around Brownsville.  They have kids and grandkids with them.  They just flew in yesterday and I would say they are from Quebec also.  Norlita is a Phillipino and she speaks five languages!!

100_2388

Andre and Norlita are the ones that drove their motorhome from Quebec to here last year then drove on to Acapulco and back again.   I don’t think I would want to drive through Mexico but they didn’t seem to have any trouble.  She speaks some Spanish and I guess it was enough to get them through the worst of the language barrier.

I took a picture of a tree this morning, not sure if it is a Mesquite Tree or not but they seem to have all budded at the same time…

100_2386

It has little yellow flowers or buds on it and if I’m not mistaken last week it was bare!  Maybe Spring is here in the Valley!!

Our other neighbors from Illinois, Will and Nancy left about noon.  I sat over there and talked to him for about an hour.  He is a mobile home/RV repairman.  He has had his own business for 30 years.  They are headed for Donna for about a week before heading to San Antonio then on home.

Linda fixed us a great supper….we bought a package of round steak, I think, and she put it in the crock pot and cooked it for about eight hours.  I pealed a couple potatoes and let them cook in with the meat for a couple hours. OHHH so good!!  Sounds like Mr. Food!  The steaks were from Wal Mart and good thing they cooked for eight hours, they were tender when they were done and I don’t think they would have been tender if grilled out.

We went to the DQ with Dale and Velda for a little “treat”.  We always have a good time with Dale and Velda, they are good Christian people.

Well, should I put another picture of Sparky in???  OK I will..

100_2390

He is busy with a rawhide chew .  He really likes his new bed.  We don’t have a lot of room in here for it and it is very slippery.  It is made from recycled water bottles and Sparky loves to play with empty water bottles, I think it is the crunch they make.  Time to go, catch you on the flip flop Y’all..

No comments:

Post a Comment