Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tuesday February 15th 2011

It’s cloudy this morning but it isn’t cold.  I wore a sweater out but even that was almost to warm.  The wind is blowing out of the South and makes it pretty nice.  I know it is going to get very warm today.

I got Linda up and we had a piece of toast and it still tastes pretty good.  I think with the soy and rice flour it has a little different taste and the texture is quite a bit firmer.  Good for toast.  I may try some bread made with bacon and cheese.  We had biscuits made with bacon and cheese and I thought it was pretty good.

We decided to go to “Pulga” today.  That is a flea market just up the road from us and we have gone there a couple other times and I have found mauls and axes there and just haven’t picked up any yet.  I will need them when we get back home.  I was actually looking for splitting wedges but you just don’t see them anywhere.  I bought a double edged axe, used, and a new maul or single edged axe.  Today was actually a great day for the flea market, nice and windy and not to warm or to cold.

We decided to try one of the food venders there and we got a breakfast taco that was really good.  Also got a Coke, actually in a bottle!

100_2329

Our waitress was shy…

100_2330

Tacos were excellent….

100_2331

There are a lot of flea markets here in the valley but so far I think this is my favorite one.  It is close and they have more than trinkets.  A lot of the venders have used stuff that actually is pretty good.  A good place to get tools and they have new stuff also.  I bought an insulated coffee server a  couple weeks ago for three dollars and it is great!  Definitely worth the money!!

They also have a lot of fruit and vegetables there…

100_2326

I don’t know how many fruit and vegetable places there are but has to be a couple dozen.  Very interesting and the produce is pretty cheap.

Well, today was a great day to sit outside and enjoy the warm weather and the breeze, actually, strong wind. 

Linda fixed a couple chopped sirloin steaks for supper with baked sweet potato and salad.  Nice supper.

Watched TV tonight and took it easy again.  We had three of our neighbors leave this morning, maybe I need to check my deodorant!!  Anyway, we have three empty spaces next to us and it is kind of nice, we have a little view again. Time to quit…Night Y’all….

1 comment: